2014 was an eventful year and PBBC is certain that all us beauty addicts will not stop at just that! We will be splurging more on new products because beauty is our life line and we thrive on it. Let us share some of the products we fell in love with in 2014 and may surely never let go of them *fingers crossed*
Sarah’s Favorite 5 Picks:
- Stageline Makeup Fixer Spray: Honestly I had no idea what I was missing until i started using it . Stage line Makeup Fixer Spray keeps my makeup intact for hours, and overall just sets it really well! Read my detailed review here
- Bourjois Rouge Edition 12 hours #29 Cerise sur le lipstick: Its one of those shades which just lifts up your mood and makes you look more alive if you are wearing nothing but this lipstick. Check out swatches and review here
- MAC Superb Extra Dimension Skin finish:I have had MAC Superb Extra Dimension Skin finish (Review here) from its original release when it was released as a part of Extra Dimension collection. Mac superb is a gorgeous warm peachy champagne color with hint of bronze. Due to its metallic-ness ,it bounces the light which give skin more radiance and glow.
- Maybelline Dream Liquid Mousse Makeup: : I love trying out new foundations and this I always eyed but never bought. But couple of month ago, I finally bought the Maybelline Dream Liquid Mousse in shade pure beige .I LOVE it. It works beautifully with me combination skin.
- The Balm Instain Blush In Houndstooth: It is my first ever The balm blush and I am glad I got this exact shade. It is a pinkish-plum with a satin finish. The shade is so beautiful and brightens up the whole look. The texture is velvety soft and very easy to blend.
Note: You can read detailed reviews and other views from Sarah on her blog here: http://www.glossiciousblog.com/
Rabeeyah’s Favorite 5 picks:
- Revlon Color Stay Foundation – Came across & tried it in early 2014. That was the day and till date, this is my most used foundation out of 7 I own. It gives natural to full coverage with a pretty natural glow just like I prefer
- Miss & Mrs eye pencil – It stays put & doesn’t smudge for hours. It is the blackest black pencil & by far the best blackest pencil I’ve used. I highly recommend this!
- Milani Lipstick [Plumrose] – I tried Milani lipstick for the first time & instantly fell in love with the texture and the sweet scent of the lipstick.
- Tarte Blush [Natural Beauty] – It’s my go to blusher whenever I like to add some color to my cheeks.
- Color Studio Professional “Hypno Eyes”- Even though it was released in November & I started using obviously after that, but of all the liquid eye liners I tried it is by far the best I tried in 2014. an Instant favorite
Note: You can read detailed reviews and other views from Rabeeyah on her blog here: http://www.rabeeeyah.com/
Maliha’s Favorite 5 picks:
- Color Studio Professionals HYPNO EYES: Been an avid user of CSP Pro dip eyeliner so it was no surprise that when they updated to the new and improved products I instantly fell in love with HYPNO EYES which is seriously always in my bag.
- Revlon Colorstay Foundation: I struggle a lot looking for the right foundation due to my two tone weird yellow complexion but Revlon totally solved that problem and I ended up with an amazing flawless finish!
- The Balm’s Bahama Mama: Totally not as hyped as Marylou manizer but seriously the best bronzer that helps in contouring to give a natural subtle look. LOVE!
- Sleek Blush in flushed: I am not a blush person but THIS blush has seriously made me into one. I dont leave home with out it! Blendable to the extent you can control the intensity. How awesome is that!
- NYX Soft Matte Lip Cream in Amsterdam: applying this feels like butter! Its so super rich and color payoff is awesome. Matte lips look soo sexy and smooth without drying.
Note: You can read detailed reviews and other views from Maliha on her blog here: http://www.redalicerao.com/
Mariam’s Favorite 5 picks:
- Anastasia Contour Palette: This product is the bomb.com. It is extremely versatile and a total life saver. This palette is magnetic and customizable. You can either pick and choose a few from the site or even get this one which has these 6 shades already in them.
- L’Oreal Laser X3 eye cream: I got this one as a care package from L’Oreal and since then this is one of my top favorite eye creams. L’Oreal laser X3 is just perfect since it is a lighter formula and works well under makeup. Does not make my concealer crease, in fact it helps moisturize the under eye area.
- Dior addict lip color in Princess: This is such a great formula and the glitter specks that are visible on the bullet, doesn’t show up once applied on the lips. It is that perfect every day pink color that makes your lips pouty and full. The color is opaque and not very sheer.
- Makeup brush from Color Studio: One the softest, most fluffy brush I have used till date. It is such a versatile brush due to its shape that you can just own this one and you are good to go as far as blush application or powder application goes.
- Inglot gel liner: This is in the color black and Oh my, the formula on this one is super creamy. I have tried a lot of local and other high end ones and this one is even better than the Bobbi Brown’s gel liner. The best part is this gives you the most intense line and can be used as a base for your smokey eye makeup.
Note: You can read detailed reviews and other views from Mariam on her blog here: http://mariamshahjahan.com/