[Lahore: 12th March 2015]: Following the launch of Mbroidered 2015, Volume 1, leading designer label MARIA.B. has announced the launch of the brand’s new lawn collection, MARIA.B. Lawn 2015 by Reshma Tex. With renowned TV personalities Urwa and Mawra Hocane as the face of the brand’s Lawn campaign this year, MARIA.B. Lawn 2015 will be available nationally at all MARIA.B. outlets and leading retailers across Pakistan, and internationally through the brand’s global retail partners and e-portal www.mariab.pk later this month. Continue reading
Noorjehan Bilgrami, Zubeida Mustafa, Astronaut, Peshawar Schoolteachers Honoured at LADIESFUND Awards
Karachi 8th March 2015 Dawood Global Foundation held the 7th LADIESFUND® Women’s Awards for Pakistan 2015 at Sindh Governor House on 7th March, 2015 where over four hundred of the most dynamic and inspiring women in Pakistan were in attendance including Pakistan’s only astronaut Namira Salim, the widow of brave Peshawar APS schoolteacher Saima Tariq, and lifetime achievement winners and Guests of Honour Noorjehan Bilgrami and Zubeida Mustafa. Continue reading
The Kayseria Vision Store launches in Lahore with a showcase of the Second Edition of their signature Master’s Collection
[Lahore: 8th March 2015] Pakistan’s premier high street and fabric brand Kayseria inaugurated their flagship Kayseria Vision Store in Lahore on Saturday, 7th March 2015. Located in the prime commercial area of H Block Market, DHA in Lahore, the flagship store is a representation of the quintessential Kayseria ethos of embracing the heritage of Pakistan and fusing it with a contemporary aesthetic. The store’s design has incorporated the craftsmanship of fresco master Ustad Saif-ur-Rehman, who with his mastery of geometric and biomorphic patterns has helped craft the traditional multi-foil arches in the store.
At the inauguration, Creative Director Kayseria Waleed Zaman gave a brief presentation explaining the vision of Kayseria and introduced fresco artist Ustaad Saif-ur-Rehman who has been working closely with Kayseria on the design of the Kayseria Vision Store as well as on the prints of the second edition of the signature Master’s Collection. Waleed Zaman also announced that he will be accompanying Ustaad Saif on a trip to the United Kingdom to further promote his work through a series of workshops and exhibitions. Renowned architects Imrana Tiwana and Ayesha Noorani spoke about the importance of art and highlighting the work of lesser known artists such as Ustaad Saif-ur-Rehman. The event included a live classical music performance while guests browsed through the Spring/Summer 2015 collection on display. The launch of the Kayseria Vision Store was well attended by fashion industry stalwarts, celebrities and media personalities alike.
Under the guidance of Ustaad Saif, Kayseria has incorporated the classic craft of fresco in its precise and traditional form in 84 intricate and trendy designs. The geometric lines and length and the exquisite patterns that have been meticulously designed represent the artistic fluidity of ancient fresco. The collection is further embellished by Chantilly Lace which gives a classic undertone to the eastern aesthetic. Combining the textile and fashion expertise of Kayseria with Ustad Saif’s knowledge of frescoes, Kayseria aims to re-introduce the timeless beauty of the traditional art of ‘Naqqashi’.
The Spirng/Summer 2015 collection further includes prints inspired from Russian Babushka Shawls, Ukrainian embroidery and the Kantha embroidery of South Asia with special emphasis on the appliqué craft of Interior Sind ‘Ralli’. Contemporary designs in the collection have been inspired from an amalgamation of different art forms, borrowed from local and global crafts; fragments of design come together to create modern trendy patterns in the season’s best colours.
Kayseria Summer 2015 is now available for retail at all Kayseria stores across the country in the price range of PKR 1,000 – PKR 8,000.
Photography Credits: Pinhole Studios
Red Lipstick never gets old, is classic and a perfect time to flaunt during Valentine’s Day. Here are the PBBC Red favorites for you to try!
Rabiyah Tungekar – Rabeeyah.com
My Favorite red at the moment is Essence lipstick, in the shade “Adorable Matt”. The moment I swatched and applied on my lips was the moment I fell in love with the color and the texture, later fell in love with the staying power. It is perfect red shade; not too bright not too deep, just right enough to look flattering on everyone, especially Asian skin tones. The texture is smooth, with creme finish. Glides on effortlessly without bleeding in the fine lines.
Sarah Ali – Glossicious Blog
My obsession with Red lipstick started when I first bought Rimmel London Kate Moss lasting lipstick in #10 last year and it instantly became my go to lipstick , I literally wore it like every day & got so many complement during my trip to India. This is a blue-based ruby red which I believe looks stunning on my medium tan skin tone . I pair Rimmel london lasting finish 1000 kisses lip liner in red dynamite and some mascara and remember Red lipstick is a statement piece, almost an accessory. As such a bold statement, it is important to keep the rest of your makeup toned down. It costs less than 1000 and I have already bought a backup. One red I approve for desi skintones .
Maliha Rao – Redalicerao.com
For someone like me who thrives on Red Lipstick is really tough to decide a favorite. However I can bring it down to the one I am using the most these days which is “Carmine Rouge” From the MAC Prabal Gurung Collection. The right about of coolness adds that sexy spunk to your lips. The formula is great and actually better than the regular matte MAC Lipsticks. Glides on easily and Stays long. Works well with Asian skin tones like mine. Its original cost is $30 but its completely worth it!
Mariam Shahjahan – Life of a Shopaholic
Since valentine’s is just round the corner, it’s that perfect time to paint your pout in the hues of red.My favorite one is Mac cosmetic’s Relentlessly red. It is certainly not the usual classic red but since this has a perfect pink undertone to it, I feel it flatters my skin tone more than the usual classic red. It has a retro matte finish hence it does tug and pull a bit if you are not wearing a lip balm underneath. I would suggest scrubbing and moisturizing your lips prior to using these any of these matte lipsticks. Pair it with a simple winged eye liner and your favorite highlighter and you’re good to rock any event.
2014 was an eventful year and PBBC is certain that all us beauty addicts will not stop at just that! We will be splurging more on new products because beauty is our life line and we thrive on it. Let us share some of the products we fell in love with in 2014 and may surely never let go of them *fingers crossed*
Sarah’s Favorite 5 Picks:
- Stageline Makeup Fixer Spray: Honestly I had no idea what I was missing until i started using it . Stage line Makeup Fixer Spray keeps my makeup intact for hours, and overall just sets it really well! Read my detailed review here
- Bourjois Rouge Edition 12 hours #29 Cerise sur le lipstick: Its one of those shades which just lifts up your mood and makes you look more alive if you are wearing nothing but this lipstick. Check out swatches and review here
- MAC Superb Extra Dimension Skin finish:I have had MAC Superb Extra Dimension Skin finish (Review here) from its original release when it was released as a part of Extra Dimension collection. Mac superb is a gorgeous warm peachy champagne color with hint of bronze. Due to its metallic-ness ,it bounces the light which give skin more radiance and glow.
- Maybelline Dream Liquid Mousse Makeup: : I love trying out new foundations and this I always eyed but never bought. But couple of month ago, I finally bought the Maybelline Dream Liquid Mousse in shade pure beige .I LOVE it. It works beautifully with me combination skin.
- The Balm Instain Blush In Houndstooth: It is my first ever The balm blush and I am glad I got this exact shade. It is a pinkish-plum with a satin finish. The shade is so beautiful and brightens up the whole look. The texture is velvety soft and very easy to blend.
Note: You can read detailed reviews and other views from Sarah on her blog here: http://www.glossiciousblog.com/
Rabeeyah’s Favorite 5 picks:
- Revlon Color Stay Foundation – Came across & tried it in early 2014. That was the day and till date, this is my most used foundation out of 7 I own. It gives natural to full coverage with a pretty natural glow just like I prefer
- Miss & Mrs eye pencil – It stays put & doesn’t smudge for hours. It is the blackest black pencil & by far the best blackest pencil I’ve used. I highly recommend this!
- Milani Lipstick [Plumrose] – I tried Milani lipstick for the first time & instantly fell in love with the texture and the sweet scent of the lipstick.
- Tarte Blush [Natural Beauty] – It’s my go to blusher whenever I like to add some color to my cheeks.
- Color Studio Professional “Hypno Eyes”- Even though it was released in November & I started using obviously after that, but of all the liquid eye liners I tried it is by far the best I tried in 2014. an Instant favorite
Note: You can read detailed reviews and other views from Rabeeyah on her blog here: http://www.rabeeeyah.com/
Maliha’s Favorite 5 picks:
- Color Studio Professionals HYPNO EYES: Been an avid user of CSP Pro dip eyeliner so it was no surprise that when they updated to the new and improved products I instantly fell in love with HYPNO EYES which is seriously always in my bag.
- Revlon Colorstay Foundation: I struggle a lot looking for the right foundation due to my two tone weird yellow complexion but Revlon totally solved that problem and I ended up with an amazing flawless finish!
- The Balm’s Bahama Mama: Totally not as hyped as Marylou manizer but seriously the best bronzer that helps in contouring to give a natural subtle look. LOVE!
- Sleek Blush in flushed: I am not a blush person but THIS blush has seriously made me into one. I dont leave home with out it! Blendable to the extent you can control the intensity. How awesome is that!
- NYX Soft Matte Lip Cream in Amsterdam: applying this feels like butter! Its so super rich and color payoff is awesome. Matte lips look soo sexy and smooth without drying.
Note: You can read detailed reviews and other views from Maliha on her blog here: http://www.redalicerao.com/
Mariam’s Favorite 5 picks:
- Anastasia Contour Palette: This product is the bomb.com. It is extremely versatile and a total life saver. This palette is magnetic and customizable. You can either pick and choose a few from the site or even get this one which has these 6 shades already in them.
- L’Oreal Laser X3 eye cream: I got this one as a care package from L’Oreal and since then this is one of my top favorite eye creams. L’Oreal laser X3 is just perfect since it is a lighter formula and works well under makeup. Does not make my concealer crease, in fact it helps moisturize the under eye area.
- Dior addict lip color in Princess: This is such a great formula and the glitter specks that are visible on the bullet, doesn’t show up once applied on the lips. It is that perfect every day pink color that makes your lips pouty and full. The color is opaque and not very sheer.
- Makeup brush from Color Studio: One the softest, most fluffy brush I have used till date. It is such a versatile brush due to its shape that you can just own this one and you are good to go as far as blush application or powder application goes.
- Inglot gel liner: This is in the color black and Oh my, the formula on this one is super creamy. I have tried a lot of local and other high end ones and this one is even better than the Bobbi Brown’s gel liner. The best part is this gives you the most intense line and can be used as a base for your smokey eye makeup.
Note: You can read detailed reviews and other views from Mariam on her blog here: http://mariamshahjahan.com/
Shopping online from international website was never easy. With growing Facebook business pages, all you need to do is a create a wish list, send to one of the reliable pages, pay 50-100% advance, sit back and wait. Usually it takes 4-6 weeks for orders to reach their customers. Like many of shopaholics, I have been crossing off items from my wish list, and all thanks to these business pages to offer such great services.
Monthly subscriptions are the rage these days everywhere, Chances are, you’ve heard of beauty subscription boxes by now. The concept is fairly new to Pakistanis since we don’t have any locally available option. The monthly subscription are affordable as they can cost you as low as low-cost at only $10/month but some are on expensive side with more high end variety of products .
I always wanted to subscribe Ipsy by Michelle phan more than any other services, since ipsy offer more makeup products, I am not into skin/hair care sample.Finally i was able to get that through a wonderful page , Makeup & Accessories .I ordered mine through them.You can ask them to order you almost anything from USA at most affordable prices. They are one of PBBC reliable pages and in future we will be reviewing business pages in here or you can send us your reviews too.
How it works: Ipsy sends their subscribers four or five cosmetic, hair, and skincare products. Each bag also includes exclusive coupon and discount codes for the products or companies featured in it, which is nice. $10 a month for a rolling subscription, which can be canceled anytime, or $110 for a yearly commitment.
Their design usually reflects the “theme” of the products in them; this month’s was “Beauty Schooled”
“Learn the rules, so that you can break them. This month, you’ll discover that you’ll never stop learning – especially, when it comes to the world of beauty. With everything from styling skills, application techniques, to channeling your inner confidence and uniqueness… With the help of ipsy and your August Glam Bag, you’re about to get ‘schooled’.
I was pretty excited to get this bag since i knew each bag was getting one of UD samples. It was either a mascara or a 24/7 pencil. Since i already own few UD eye pencils , i was excited to find the mascara in my bag. Being a blush hoarder, coastal scents blush duo was second product to make me excited.
- Urban Decay Perversion Mascara: “Bigger. Blacker. Badder. Urban Decay’s ultra-creamy, lengthening and volumizing mascara features triple-black pigments and a deeply nourishing ingredient blend. Perversion Mascara gets you sexy in one stroke, yet it won’t quit until you say when.” Regular size is 0.4 fl oz for $22 at urbandecay.com.
- Coastal Scents Forever Blush Sample Duo: “Coastal Scents Forever Blush boasts 18 perfectly pigmented, powder blushes with a long-lasting rush of color. Complete with a mirror, these color-packed compacts go a long way. Ipsters who sample Coastal Scents blush duo will receive the shades Fresh (Left) and Elegant (Right). Regular size is 10g for $7.95 at coastalscents.com. Lord &
- Berry Silk Kajal Kohl Eye Pencil: “Sensual and exotic, that’s the effect that Silk Kajal Kohl Eye Pencil delivers. Just like the traditional Kohl, but with the modern ease and control of a pencil. Giving a semi-matte finish that is also smudgeable, Silk Kajal Kohl’s soft tip is ophthalmologically-tested and gentle enough to be used on the inner eye. Also available in Nude and White.” Regular size is .048 oz for $16 at lordandberry.com
- Absolute Lip Balm in Grape: “Treat your lips with this ultra-moisturizing lip balm from Absolute New York. This lightly tinted, creamy, conditioning formula softens, smooths, and protects lips for a seriously kissable pout. Discover this must-have balm for sensationally soft and luscious lips!” Looks like this is only available in a duo, priced at $5.99 on nicka.com.
- Dr. Brandt Pores No More Pore Refiner: “A cult favorite, Pores No More Pore Refiner Primer is Dr. Brandt’s quick fix for flawless, photo-ready skin. It is the miracle base to create the perfect skin canvas for long-lasting makeup and well-preserved skin. This velvety formula absorbs excess oil, minimizes pores, blurs fine lines and is resistant to sweat and humidity. Prime, touch-up and treat while perfecting your makeup.” Regular size is 1 fl oz for $45 at drbrandtskincare.com.
How to order ipsy in Pakistan: You can contact Makeup & Accessories , But please keep in mind that there is usually a wait list .
About the author: This post is written by one of PBBC admin , Sarah Ali,Who wouldn’t be caught dead: Without her blusher and kajal.She is a garduate in journalism & fine Arts, who’s obsessed with anything related to makeup & beauty, she is a lifestyle enthusiast .When she’s not writing or shopping ,she is travelling.
Stalk Sarah for her shopping/travel adventures at her
facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/GlossiciousBeauty
Ana Ahmed, blogger at Ana’s Journal shares her salon review.
Thank you, PBBC and Golden Mirror Beauty Salon!
Disclaimer: This post is exclusively for PBBC’s Blog. Bloggers cannot post the content of this on their respective blogs.
With the frequent The Balm sales that go up to 70% off, it’s no wonder that I went crazy over this already very hyped highlighter! Since I’m a big fan of matte skin, I sometimes tend to go overboard with powdering my skin, and looking flat instead of fab! This is where the May Loumnizer steps in, and gives me that glow from within.
With its buttery soft texture, it is a dream to blend. I won’t lie and say I have the fanciest brushes for makeup application, but if my super old and battered brushes work effectively in blending this out for the ‘glow from within’ then no one should have a problem! The only downside of this super buttery almost creamy texture is that one tumble, and this will fall! Unfortunately that happened to me as well, but it didn’t stop me from using it on an everyday basis haha.
The packaging is compact, houses a huge mirror that makes it perfect for on the go touchups and with its quirky illustrations, is a joy to take out of your handbag when you’re with your friends. The Balm as a brand has impressed me incredibly, with its texture, packaging, and quality for the price! While I haven’t tried many high end highlighters, with this in my collection, I’m not even tempted to, and that coming from a makeup hoarder is a big compliment!
I would advise everyone to wait for The Balm sales to get a hold of this that can up every couple of months on their website and Hautelook as well!
Local Facebook price – PKR 2200-2400
*This post was written by PBBC blogger Nayab Najam exclusively for PBBC blog. You can write for us too. Check out details here
Check out nayab blog and her social media networks and support her :)
facebook – http://www.facebook.com/nayabloves
twitter – http://www.twitter.com/nayabloves
instagram – @nayabloves
Today I am bringing you a review on a product that is much raved about and that was on my wishlist for ages. Being a victim of an oily skin and having frequent breakouts I really needed a product that could help exfoliate and clean my skin from all the gunk that deposits/sits on my skin during the day whether its makeup or sweat or any dirt that can cling on to your skin while you are out and about.
After lusting over this product for months I finally decided to pick it up from Nordstorm during an awesome Christmas sale. The best part was I had a chance to buy it myself since I was in the States at that time and I was able to choose and pick which one will be best for me. I got myself a nice baby pink one.
Now, let see what this is:
What it is?
Clarisonic is a rechargeable electric device that has a brush head (removable/changeable) on the front. This is operated with a button (on & off) since this is Mia and not Mia 2 it comes with just one simple push of on and off function. Trust me you do not need Mia 2 or the latest versions since they all perform the same.
How you use it?
Wet your face with some water and add a few drops of your favorite face wash on the brush head ( I use to love using Philosophy purity face wash but my recent fav is First Aid beauty face wash. Can’t stop bragging how amazing that face wash is) switch on the device and gently massage over your face. The device will stop after a minute and that is more than enough for me. Since I use it every day I don’t use it more than one minute.
How to store it?
Just clean the brush head and take a Q-tip and clean the inner area (from where you have removed your brush head from) I like to spray my brush head with a mixture of (Dettol and rose water) I am not sure why I do this but this makes me think that my brush head is bacteria free and clean. Anyways, then just let it air dry and put on the brush head onto your device and cover it with a cap it comes. The protective cap is to keep your brush head in shape and obviously secure and by secure I do not mean that it won’t get dirt over it since there are holes on the cap. So every time I use my Clarisonic I wash the brush head spray it with the Dettol and rose water mixture and then use it after like 5 or 10 minutes and then again wash it , spray it and store it.
What it does?
Well, Clarisonic is a device that gently exfoliates your skin removing all the gunk and dirt that’s on your skin. It will even remove the makeup that is left over after you have removed your makeup. Yes! You still have tons of makeup on your face even after you have removed it. I like to use Bio Derma Sensibo H2O to remove my makeup but when I use Clarisonic I can see my brush head going all brown/yellow **Eeewww** and that is all the foundation coming out of my pores leaving my skin squeaky clean and germ free. Now that you have cleaned your skin and all the dirt, oil and makeup is gone then you can go ahead and use your moisturizer or serum and your eye cream or whatever is there in your skin care and your skin will quickly absorb all that which means your products will show results faster than usual and they will penetrate in your skin quickly hence showing results faster instead of sitting on top and making you greasy. You will break out less, you will not have enlarged pores, your makeup will stay put for longer and you will not have to waste tons of money on skincare as the products you are currently using will start to show up results much faster and you will not be disappointed in waiting for it for ages.
Did it worked for me? Oh yes ! it did. My skin feels smoother, much younger, radiant, pore free and above oil it does not produce tons of oil like it use to. I do not break out and my over skincare is just making me more and more satisfied.
What skin type does it suits well? It is the best ever product for all skin types. There are different kinds of brush heads for acne prone skin and sensitive skin. Oily skin people will love it if they use it on a daily basis or even every alternate day. Dry skin people will love it too if they use it twice a week and followed by a thick moisturizer.
How long will this product last? Since it’s a device and not a product that would expire, this will last you ages maybe your entire life if used, stored and treated with care. However please please do change your brush head after every 3 months. Look out for all sorts of deals. Subscribe to Sephora newsletter and you will be updated with all the kinds of deals and sales going on. Get a 2 pack brush head then and keep it aside and definitely do change your brush head every 3 month , this is very important.
I love this product to pieces and highly recommend it to anyone who would want to take care of their skin and would like to see a difference. It is a product for those who love themselves and like to take care of their skin and the way it feels and look.
Hope you find this post informative, for any questions and queries related to Clarisonic feel free to get in touch.
*This post was written by PBBC blogger Mariam Shahjahan
Yes Girsl ! We are finally on Bloglovin ! If you don’t want to miss upcoming exciting posts and announcement make sure to follow us